Registration for the Yankton Baseball Association, Inc. high school and summer teams will be held on Tuesday,
December 4, 2017 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm in meeting room A at the Summit Center. All players will need to pay a $100
non-refundable deposit at the time of registration. This will essentially be the cost of the calendar raffles which can be
sold to others then you keep the money collected.
Registration and Fees:
• Early registration is implemented to allow YBA ample time to determine how many teams there will be, hire coaches, schedule games and finalize budgets.
• $100 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration. (calendar raffle fundraising)
• High School - $200 (current sophomore-seniors only)
• 13-18 year old - $400 (age as of January 1, 2018)
• The total balance due can either be paid the night of registration or YBA will send an invoice for the remainder to be paid by February 1 for high school ball and April 1 for summer ball.
• $100 discount given to those playing both high school and summer if paid in full the night of registration
• $50 late fee may be assessed to fees not received by date due. Any registrations received after the stated deadline needs to be approved by majority of the board.
• For families with multiple players, a 20% discount will be given.
• Any player that needs assistance to meet fees is encouraged to contact Jason Nelson 660-9701 or Marcia Walter 660-6564.
High School Baseball Facts
• YBA adheres to the Yankton School District academic and 24/7/365 training rules violation policy.
• In 2018 high school baseball will be available to sophomores-seniors only. Freshman or younger will have the opportunity to play by a head coach invitation or lack of numbers in the program.
• Depending on number of players, YBA plans to have 3 teams – varsity, junior varsity and sophomore.
• The concession stand during high school ball season is operated by YBA and every parent will be expected to work the concessions along with helping with transportation, announcing, scoreboard, gate and clean-up.
• YBA will provide uniform tops and hats. Player is responsible for white pants, belt and socks.
Summer Baseball Facts
• YBA adheres to the Yankton School District 24/7/365 training rules violation policy.
• Depending on number of players, YBA plans to have a legion, jr. legion, 15 year old team, 14 year old team and 13 year old team
• The concession stand during summer ball season is operated by the Optimists, however, parents will be
expected to help Optimists in concessions if needed, transportation, announcing, scoreboard, gate and clean-up.
• YBA will provide uniform tops and hats. Player is responsible for their own grey and white pants, belt and socks.